If you love Arts & Crafts, exotic locations, jewelry, and fabric-batiking in particular, you will go crazy in Bali. The shopping monster will have a hold of you. The artisans you will get to meet, and watch in the creative process go back generations in their families. You will have access to places most don't even get to enter. My suggestion is to take another bag inside of your regular suitcase. It's very warm in Bali so keep your clothing light. Cottons are the best, you WILL sweat, keep well hydrated, and you will be fine. It might be a good idea to bright a light jacket in case of rain, but keep it light, remember this is tropical rain and still hot.
Bali is a photographer and artists dream come true. The images above are just a few of the hundreds and hundreds that I took. Just walking down the street to an ATM you will probably come across a temple, flowers, and a sight you've never seen before. The land is rich in moments to be captured. This coming Nov. I will be escorting a group for Craftours again, details are below.....for more info go to.....https://www.craftours.com/educators/deb-haugen.php
- Round-trip International airfare from Los Angeles to Denpasar, Bali. (Business/First Class upgrades available)
- Round-trip transfers to/from the airport and hotel in Bali.
- Private deluxe motor coach and driver the entire time.
- 5-star hotel accommodations in the central part of Ubud & right on the ocean in Nusa Dua. (Suite upgrades available)
- Most meals, including daily breakfast, some lunches & dinners.
- Optional Balinese Cooking lesson with a master Balinese chef.
- Tour and batiking demonstrations at a well known Batik Factory.
- Extraordinary batik fabric shopping at low discounted prices.
- A demonstration of silver jewelry making by local artisans.
- An opportunity for a minimal charge to have a foot massage and fish pedicure. (for a minimal charge)
- Tour of a Balinese coffee plantation and opportunity to by the famous Luwak Coffee.
- Professional Craftours escort throughout your entire journey.
- Four different hands-on arts and crafts workshops with local Balinese master instructors. (class kits included)
- Optional visit to the Elephant Safari Park to ride and photograph these amazing animals.
- Shopping in the Ubud arts & crafts market for hand-made Balinese items.
- An optional visit to the Bali Bird Park.
- Sightseeing tour through the famous Sacred Monkey Forest.
- An optional "fire ceremony and dinner" at the home of a local Balinese resident.
- A private tour and demonstration at an Ikat Weaving Factory.
- Shopping for Balinese paintings in the largest art gallery in Bali.
- A professional local Balinese tour guide during the entire journey.
- Commemorative gifts & more!