2. Not all beaches are created equal.
3. Traffic is insane
4. The people are very happy and kind to each other generally.
5. Drivers stop at on ramps on the freeway, and are not great mergers.
6. There are no sheriffs, or highway patrol, so driving is treacherous, chains, ropes, trash on the freeways, beware.
7. The smell of kiawe bar-b-ques is amazing.
8. The palm trees are the best of anywhere I've been.
9. The land is a true melting pot of cultures.
10. Friends and neighbors just walk in your place.
11. Some people trash their yards, and sometimes keep every car they've ever owned parked outside.
12. Island people come alive after dark, parks are filled with sports at night.
13. It's like a foreign land.
14. Most of all the license plates on Oahu start with an S or an R, and I can't explain it.
15. You see more rainbows here than anywhere.
16. Everything grows faster, hair, nails, fungus, mold, etc.
17. Tourists get 2nd degree sunburns daily at the beach.
18. No one that lives here shops at all the designer stores at Ala Moana Mall.
19. Gas is really cheap, I have no idea why.
20. Sometimes there is a 2 hour wait at the Cheesecake Factory in Waikiki, go before 4pm.
21. Street vendors can't sell anything, they just take a donation.
22. Lanikai residents are really pissed off at all the people that go to the beach there now, and have destroyed their quiet neighborhood. I would be too.
23. Don't leave anything of value in your rental car and go to the beach in Makaha.
24. Be prepared to wake to several rooster's crowing at dawn when out in the country.
25. And finally........it truly is paradise and I wouldn't trade it for the world.